Do I have to apply for a Foresters Competitive Scholarship online?
Yes, we encourage everyone to create an online account to apply because it makes the application process more secure, accessible at any time, and it allows applicants to track the status of their applications as often as they wish. It also allows applicants to receive e-mail reminders during the application window, while reducing the chances of supporting documents being lost. Furthermore, it reduces the administration costs, which ensures that enough funds are available for the 150 scholarship awards in the United Kingdom.
How can I apply for a scholarship?
You can create your online account by clicking the "Apply Now" button on foresters.com from 4 December to 28 February.
I am currently in my last year of 6th form/college. When is the best time to apply for a Foresters UK Competitive Scholarship?
You should apply in your final year of 6th form/college (4 December 2017 to 28 February 2019) to be eligible for a scholarship for the following year.
I have several potential school choices. Which one should I list on the application?
You should list your first choice on the application. If you are chosen to receive an award, it will be your responsibility to make certain ISTS is aware of your final university choice prior to the release of your scholarship funds.
If my Foresters membership is under my parents/grandparents, do they have to apply on my behalf?
No. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for a Foresters Competitive Scholarship on their own behalf. This can be done quickly and easily by opening an online account through the "Apply Now" button on foresters.com.
How do I know if my application is complete?
Allow five to seven business days after uploading documents for your online status to update. You may monitor your status of your application on your home page at https://aim.applyISTS.net.
- Not Started: the form has not been requested or started.
- Started: the form has not been submitted and will not be considered.
- Submitted: the form has been submitted, but is not Complete because the requirements for transcript and/or reference letter have not been satisfied.
- Complete: all required forms and attachments have been received and your application will be considered for the scholarship. You may also monitor the status of your attachments and recommendations.
- Not received: the attachment has either not been received or has been rejected.
- Requested: the form request has been created, but the form has not been started.
- Processing: the attachment has been received and is being reviewed.
- Accepted: the attachment has been verified and accepted by ISTS.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor the progress of all application requirements to make sure the application is complete. The status Complete will display on the home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified.
Who do I contact if I have specific questions about applying?
The Foresters Competitive Scholarship Programme is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS). For specific questions about the scholarship application, contact ISTS by e-mail at Foresters-UK@applyISTS.com or by phone on 0800 4049806.