Dear Foresters members,
As the number of reported cases of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to rise, it is important that you know Foresters will continue to monitor the information provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and respond accordingly to help ensure the safety of members.
As such in response to this ongoing global pandemic, Foresters has:
- Cancelled all Fun Family activities through Foresters Community Grants for the remainder of 2020 and further into 2021.
- All Community Volunteer activities will continue, provided they can and do comply with the applicable COVID-19 public health guidelines. Applications for activities taking place in 2020 and onwards will continue to be considered for approval and are subject to change based on the event locations' COVID-19 situation.
The Foresters Grants team will email all members who are registered to attend any upcoming Granting activities that have been cancelled.
If you are currently scheduled to host a Granting activity and have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
As we all do our part to prevent the spread of the virus, please continue to take precautionary measures based on the guidance of national and local health authorities, including:
- Stay at home if you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your health care provider
- Practice social distancing - maintain a two metre or six-foot distance between yourself and others
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
- Avoid touching of your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue rather than your hands, and immediately discard the tissue
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Use hand sanitising solutions when in public
- Wear a mask when required, including when physical distancing isn’t possible
- Contact Foresters as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive a positive COVID-19 result from a test taken within 7 days of the activity
For additional information about COVID-19
UK Government/NHS Health Information and Advice - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
World Health Organisation - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
For regular news, the BBC provides the latest government updates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus
Again, we want to stress the importance of staying calm, staying safe and using common sense in practicing good hygiene and physical distancing to slow the spread of the virus.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation as we do our best to put the health and safety of our members and their families first.