Dear Foresters members,
As restrictions in the UK are starting to ease, it is important that you know Foresters will continue to monitor the information provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and respond accordingly to help ensure the safety of our members.
As such in response to the removal of restrictions, Foresters has:
- Opened the Fun Family grant and is accepting activities effective 1 August 2021. It is your responsibility to review the venue policy regarding COVID-19 protocols, (including venue entry requirements) and ensure you include the required information in your application for approval.
- All Community Volunteer activities will continue until further notice, provided they comply with the applicable public health guidelines. Applications for activities taking place in 2021 will continue to be considered for approval and are subject to change based on the Public Health response.
If you are currently scheduled to host a Community Volunteer activity and have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
As we all do our part to prevent the spread of the virus, please continue to take precautionary measures based on the guidance of national and local health authorities, including:
- Stay at home if you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Practice social distancing - maintain a two metre or six-feet distance between yourself and others
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
- Avoid touching of your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue rather than your hands, and immediately discard the tissue
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Use hand sanitising solutions when in public
- Wear a mask when required, including when physical distancing isn’t possible
- Contact Foresters as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive a positive COVID-19 result from a test taken within 7 days of the activity
For additional information about COVID-19
UK Government/NHS Health Information and Advice - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
World Health Organisation - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
For regular news, the BBC provides the latest government updates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus
Again, we want to stress the importance of staying safe and using common sense in practicing good hygiene and physical distancing to slow the spread of the virus.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation as we do our best to put the health and safety of our members and their families first.