We offer quality insurance products to meet your financial requirements. Our staff and independent insurance brokers are available to answer any questions or requests for information about your financial products.
Occasionally, you may believe your request for service or for a specific transaction did not meet your expectations or was not handled correctly. If your insurance broker cannot help you resolve your concern, we encourage you to contact us.
Step one – Contact us
You can tell us about your problem or concern by telephone, fax, or in writing. If you telephone and we cannot resolve your concern during that call, we may request that you express your thoughts in writing (please remember to sign your letter and include your certificate/policy number). Our contact information is outlined below:
Toll-free 1 800 828-1540 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST)
Fax 1 877 329 4631
789 Don Mills Rd.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Consumer Complaints
How will the complaint be handled?
- We will acknowledge all complaints within five (5) business days of recceipt.
- It is our goal to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible after investigating the circumstances, typically within thirty (30) days.
- If the details of the complaint are incomplete, we may request additional information to ensure the satisfactory handling of the complaint. If necessary, the complaint resolution period may be extended.
- A confidential complaint file will be opened and all information will be maintained in accordance with the privacy standards of the company and the jurisdiction where you reside.
- Be assured that your request will be treated with respect and a thorough explanation of the complaint review and findings will be provided, in writing, to the policy/certificate owner.
Step two: Our Ombudsman
If you feel we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact the Company Ombudsman.
Valerie Howes, Ombudsman
416 467 2498
Step three: Contact the OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, the internal Ombudsman will refer you to the third-party dispute resolution service at:
OmbudService for Life and Health Insurance (OLHI)
20 Adelaide St. East, Suite 802, P.O. Box 29
Toronto, ON M5C 2T6
Telephone: 1 888 295 8112 (In Toronto, call: 416 777 9002)
Fax: 416 777 9750
2001 University St.
17th floor Montreal, QC H3A 2A6
Telephone: 1 8866 582 2088 (In Montreal, call 514 282 2088)
Fax: 514 282 2088
For residents of Quebec:
If you reside in the Province of Quebec, you may send your complaint to the Autorité des marches Financiers (AMF), for their review. The AMF is a regulatory body established by the provincial government of Quebec.
800, square Victoria,
22e étage C.P. 246, tour de la Bourse
Montréal, QC H4Z 1G3
Telephone: 1 877 525 0337
For residents of Saskatchewan, you may also contact the Superintendent of Insurance:
Financial & Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan
Insurance and Real Estate Division
Attention: Superintendent of Insurance
Suite 601 – 1919 Saskatchewan Drive
Regina, SK S4P 4H2
Telephone: 1 306 787 6700
Fax: 1 306 787 9006
For consumer provision complaints
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) supervises federally regulated financial institutions to ensure they comply with federal consumer protection laws (or “consumer provisions). The FCAC does not provide compensation or address individual disputes. It will review whether a financial institution has complied with the FCAC requirements.