Why choose an ISA with Forester Life?
Currently cash based ISA savings are offering low interest rates, which is OK if you want to access the money straight away. However if you are looking to save for more than five years then a stocks and shares based ISA may be suitable for you. With ISAs you can build up your savings free of personal liability to Income and Capital Gains Tax. This can be a considerable advantage over the medium to long-term so you should ensure that you make the most of your annual tax-free ISA allowance.
The Forester Life Individual Savings Account offers a flexible way to invest in stocks and shares whatever your budget. Designed for low-cost stakeholder savings, you can invest from as little as £20 up to £20,000 in the 2017/18 tax year. If you want to split your ISA allowance between stock and shares, cash and peer to peer lending, you are free to open a Cash ISA and/or an Innovative Finance ISA with another provider. The only restriction is that you will not be able to invest more than £20,000 overall, for the tax year.
Your savings will be balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders, giving the potential for a good balanced return. So, whether you want to transfer your existing ISA or set up a new one, we could be the choice for you.
Tax-free means that any return will be free from both Income and Capital Gains Tax. The fund your Plan invests in also grows free of Income and Capital Gains Tax but is unable to reclaim any tax credits on share dividends.
Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. As with all stock market investments the value can go down as well as up and you could get back less than you paid in.
Features and benefits
- Flexible – Save as little as £20 a month, make single contributions or both up to £20,000 this financial year.
- The fund is professionally managed by Schroders – Your savings are balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders.
- Clear, low-capped charges – The only charge is an annual management charge of 1.5%, and then 1% after 10 years. Unlike some other providers, we don’t charge entry, exit or transfer fees.
- Keep up with inflation – We can automatically increase the amount of your regular savings each year to help your contributions keep pace with inflation.
If you apply online:
- 24/7 access to your account – If you apply online, you can access your account details 24-hours a day, so you can see what it’s worth, make additional payments and view all your statements and documents.
Prefer to speak a financial adviser?
- We provide a home based personal financial planning service to help meet you and your family's current and future financial needs.