Foresters heritage as a fraternal benefit society — a member-based life insurance provider for everyday families — is the foundation for our guiding principle: enriching the lives of our members, their families and the communities they live in.
Channelling our resources to you
From the very outset more than 135 years ago, our fraternal structure has enabled Foresters to channel our resources in three directions:
- Assisting members and their families
- Encouraging fellowship and cooperation among all members
- Offering financial strength to our communities while enhancing opportunities for family time and supporting children’s health
More than a century later, this continues to set Foresters apart. We’re not another faceless financial institution. We stand for something more. Foresters is an active part of your life, at every stage.
Through the hard work of our people and the commitment of our members, Foresters has expanded its heritage of sharing throughout Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Today, as a respected international life insurance provider and a fraternal benefit society, Foresters is as proud as ever to be member-based, family-focused and community-spirited.
A fraternal benefit society
- Is a not-for-profit membership-based organization
- Welcomes members who share a common bond or purpose
- Maintains a lodge system (known as local chapters or branches)
- Offers affordable life insurance to its members
- Provides mutual aid programs for its members and the community at large