Skip to content Skip to footer site map

What is a 403(b)?

A 403(b) plan is tax-deferred investment account made available for people who work for public schools, charitable institutions
and other eligible non-profit organizations. These accounts encourage individuals to prepare for their own retirement.
Eligible employees can defer money from their paychecks into their 403(b) accounts similar to 401(k) plans.
teacher in classroom standing in front of bookshelf

Why consider a 403(b)? 

We all need to supplement Social Security and pension benefits with individual retirement savings to help provide the level of income that we will need in retirement. This is especially true with life expectancies increasing and the number of employers offering traditional pension plans decreasing. A 403(b) can help Americans who work for non-profit groups, charitable organizations and public schools save for a comfortable, secure retirement. The Foresters Financial 403(b) is designed especially for individuals in these fields, giving them a tax-deferred investment account that offers the potential for retirement savings growth.

Your Representative can help you decide if a 403(b) is right for you. 

Neither Foresters Financial nor its affiliates provide legal, tax or estate planning services. Should you require such services, you should consult a legal, tax or estate planning professional.

For more information about mutual funds from Foresters Financial when planning your 403(b), you may obtain a free prospectus by downloading it from our website, contacting your Representative or calling (800) 423-4026. You should consider the investment objectives, risks, fees or charges, and expenses of the funds carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the funds, and should be read carefully before you invest or send money. An investment in these funds is not a bank deposit and is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or any other government agency.

Ready to take the next step? Find an advisor/agent