Notice of Temporary Disruptions to services that support persons with disabilities;
Training for our staff and volunteers; and
Feedback on how we can improve.
Foresters is committed to communicating with customers with disabilities in ways that take into account their disabilities. This means that employees communicate in a manner that enables customers to communicate effectively, and to use and receive information about our products and services.
We are committed to helping our customers with disabilities who use assistive devices, and ensuring our staff is familiar with various assistive devices that may be used while accessing our products or services
Service Animals and Support Persons
Customers with disabilities may be accompanied and assisted by a support person, and may bring their service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public, subject to any other applicable laws. We strive to ensure that people involved in dealing with customers are appropriately trained in how to interact with customers in these cases.
Sometimes, we may determine that a service animal cannot enter a certain area, or a customer may need a support person to provide the necessary assistance but not have one available. In these circumstances, we will use our best efforts to suggest reasonable and appropriate alternatives to provide assistance.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
We will notify our customers promptly in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for people with disabilities. Our notification will include information about accessible alternatives for accessing our products, services or facilities, as well as the expected length of the disruption. We will provide notification in an accessible format which may include, but is not limited to, outgoing telephone messages or by posting on this website.
Our training for employees, volunteers, others who interact with the public on our behalf, and people who develop our customer service policies will comply with accessibility laws in all relevant jurisdictions, and may include:
• How to interact and communicate with customers with various types of disabilities;
• How to interact with customers with disabilities who use an assistive device or rely on the assistance of a service animal or support person;
• How to use available equipment or devices that may assist with the provision of products or services to customers with disabilities;
• What to do if a customer with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our products and services;
• Our policies, practices and procedures relating to the provision of products or services to customers with disabilities;
• A review of the purpose and requirements of any applicable laws or regulations, including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
for a copy of Foresters Accessibility Report.
We are committed to continually learning about our customers, their priorities and needs and to improving access to our products and services. We welcome comments and feedback as we strive to meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on how we meet their accessibility needs can contact us using their TTY service, by telephone or in writing by regular or electronic mail. Please click here
for our contact information.
We will use our best efforts to address or respond to a customer’s feedback immediately. However, it may sometimes be necessary to refer feedback to another Foresters representative for response or to be handled through our regular complaint handling procedures.