We may change the Terms from time to time, without prior notice. The amended Terms are automatically effective as soon as we post them.
On this page, “you” or “your” mean the person using the site. “We”, “us” or “our” mean The Independent Order of Foresters (“Foresters”) and its affiliated companies. Together, we are the “Foresters family of companies”.
A Special Notice about My Foresters
If you are a Foresters member, you may be eligible to register for My Foresters, an online member information service that allows you to view your member benefits package, to register for member events, and to receive other information or services related to your Foresters membership. You will need to meet the eligibility requirements on that site; for example, you must be at least 16 years of age.
To use the My Foresters site, you will need a user name and password, and any additional security measures that Foresters may require. By obtaining a user name and password, you agree that:
- you are responsible for keeping your user name and passwords safe;
- if someone signs in to the My Foresters site using your user name and password, we can treat that person as if they are you;
- we cannot, and are not required, to confirm the identity or authority of anyone who uses our online services, except by ensuring their password matches their user name;
- we can rely on this user name and password as electronic identification, to accept instructions given online as if you had given us written signed instructions.
Once you register for our online services, we may give you the opportunity to choose to receive your yearly Foresters Report to Members and, in the United States, your annual Privacy Notice electronically rather than by mail. Your consent(s) becomes effective as soon as you click on the button that allows you to make this choice.
By making this choice, you are agreeing that:
- we will place a copy of the Report to Members and the Privacy Notice (U.S only) on the Foresters website. We will keep each Report and Privacy Notice on the website for at least one year, until we release the next year’s Report and Privacy Notice (U.S. only);
- we will send you a notice each year to the email address you have provided with your My Foresters account, to remind you that the Report and Privacy Notice (U.S only) are ready;
- we will no longer routinely send you Reports and Privacy Notices (U.S only) by traditional mail.
- however, we will provide you with a paper copy of the Report upon your request, even if you received it electronically;
- You will notify us of any changes in your email address by updating on the My Foresters Profile page the email address you provided with your My Foresters account.
Privacy and Security:
However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure and any information discussed online can be potentially interrupted and used by unauthorized parties.
No Advice or Solicitation of Offers:
Everyone’s situation and needs are different. This site gives you general information about insurance, and about Foresters products. However, it does not give you financial or other professional advice. You should consult your financial adviser if you require any financial or other professional advice.
The information on the site is also not intended to be an offer by us to enter into a contract with you. If you would like more information about our products, or how to purchase them, Contact Us
. All products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of all applicable agreements.
Not all of the products or services described in the site are available in all geographical areas, and the terms and conditions of some products may vary by jurisdiction. You may not be eligible for all of the products we describe. We do not intend to advertise products or services to residents of jurisdictions in which those products or services are not available.
Ownership and Use of Content:
The content of this site is protected by copyright. You can copy information for your own personal non-commercial use, but may not otherwise republish or reproduce any part without the prior written permission of the applicable Foresters company.
Foresters and its affiliated companies each own or are licensed to use the trademarks on this site. For example, The Independent Order of Foresters owns ForestersTM
and our logo, and its affiliates are licensed to use these. The trademarks are protected by Canadian, U.S and European Union trademark laws. All rights reserved.
All hypertext-linked websites are completely independent of this site. We do not endorse any external hypertext-linked sites or their products or services. We simply provide these links as a convenience to our site visitors.
Your Responsibility for Security:
If you download any software from this site, please check to ensure that it is free from viruses, and check to be sure that it is compatible with your computer.
The use of the site is at your own risk. Foresters provides access to resources and other information on the site as a service to our members, producers and the public. We have taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in the site is current, complete and accurate. However, please bear in mind that all information on the site is being offered free of charge and that information has not been tailored for your particular requirements. Foresters cannot therefore warrant or represent that the site is current, complete and accurate and cannot accept any liability for any loss you may incur as a result of relying on that information. All information is subject to modification and update from time to time without notice. Certain jurisdictions may not permit certain disclaimers of warranties. In such case, we disclaim warranties to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law.