For more than 135 years, Foresters has been helping families live for today, plan for tomorrow and make a difference along the way. We champion the well-being of families through quality life insurance, unique member benefits and inspiring community activities.
The Foresters difference
- Foresters members are its customers
- Foresters members have a voice in the governance of Foresters
- Foresters shares its financial strength with more than one million members through complimentary benefits1 such as competitive scholarships and grants to support member-directed volunteer activities
- Foresters also shares its financial strength with communities and inspires others to do the same, by providing opportunities to support children's health and healthy family time through community service and volunteering
Family of Companies
- Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Foresters Family of Companies operates in three countries through Foresters and its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.
- Foresters UK includes Forester Life Limited. It also includes Foresters, where Foresters provides member benefits to qualified Foresters UK insureds and annuitants.
- Foresters Canada includes Foresters operating in Canada and Foresters Life Insurance Company.
- Foresters US includes the following operating in the United States:
- Foresters, Foresters Equity Services, Inc., a registered broker dealer, Foresters Financial Partners, Inc., an insurance agency, and First Investors Consolidated Corporation (“FICC”)
- FICC’s subsidiaries include a registered broker dealer, a registered investment advisor and a life insurance company.
- George Mohacsi, President and Chief Executive Officer, Foresters
- Euan Allison, Group Managing Director, Foresters UK Division
- Sharon Giffen, President, Foresters US Division
- Tony Poole, President, Foresters US Division
- For 11 consecutive years, Foresters has received an 'A' (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best, an industry financial rating organization. A.M. Best’s independent rating assesses Foresters ability to pay claims and is an important measure of our strength and stability.
Foresters Family of Companies offers:
- In the United Kingdom, a variety of saving, investment and protection products.
- In North America, a variety of life insurance, including individual term, whole life and universal life as well as annuities and investment products.
- Foresters awards up to 150 youth scholarships per year in the UK which give students £1000 a year with each scholarship renewable for up to four years.
- Up to 350 competitive scholarships are awarded each year to eligible Foresters members or their dependent children in the US and Canada – a maximum of five may be chosen as Ken Peterson award winners for demonstrating exceptional leadership, extraordinary effort and significant ability to overcome adversity.
- Foresters invests in communities across North America and the UK through partnerships with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®, KaBOOM!, Ronald McDonald House Charities®, Association of Children’s Hospices and CLIC Sargent, as well as hundreds of local and regional not-for-profit organisations focused on strengthening families.
- Through their local Branch, Foresters members apply for funding for their own community projects and also participate in Foresters organised activities such as playground builds.
- Foresters offers its members opportunities to get involved in their communities through Foresters community initiative grants and funded community volunteer activities.