For more than 135 years, ForestersTM, a fraternal benefit society, has been helping families live for today, plan for tomorrow and make a difference along the way. We champion the well-being of families through quality life insurance, unique member benefits and inspiring community activities.
The Foresters difference
• Foresters members are its customers
• Foresters members have a voice in the governance of Foresters
• Foresters shares its financial strength with over one million members in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom through complimentary benefits1 such as competitive scholarships and grants to support member-directed volunteer activities
• Foresters also shares its financial strength with communities and inspires others to do the same, by providing opportunities to support children's health and healthy family time through community service and volunteering
Family of Companies
• Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada , the Foresters Family of Companies operates in three countries through Foresters and its subsidiaries in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom Divisions
• Foresters US includes the following operating in the United States:
• Foresters, Foresters Equity Services, Inc4., a registered broker dealer, Foresters Financial Partners, Inc., an insurance agency, and First Investors Consolidated Corporation (“FICC”)
• FICC’s subsidiaries include a registered broker dealer, a registered investment advisor and a life insurance company.
• Foresters Canada includes Foresters operating in Canada and Foresters Life Insurance Company
• Foresters UK includes Forester Life Limited. It also includes Foresters, where Foresters provides member benefits to qualified Foresters UK insureds and annuitants
- George Mohacsi, President and Chief Executive Officer, Foresters
- Tony Poole, President, Foresters US Branch
- Sharon Giffen, President, Foresters Canada and President and Chief Executive Officer, Foresters Life Insurance Company
- Euan Allison, Group Managing Director, Foresters UK Division
- Bill Lipkus, President and Chief Executive Officer, First Investors
• For 11 consecutive years, Foresters has received an 'A' (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best3, an industry financial rating organization. A.M. Best’s independent rating assesses Foresters ability to pay claims and is an important measure of our strength and stability.
• Foresters Audited Balance Sheet as of December 31, 20122: • Assets: $9 billion • Liabilities: $7.5 billion • Surplus: $1.5 billion
Source: Foresters 2012 Financial Highlights
The Foresters Family of Companies offers:
• In North America, a variety of life insurance, including individual term, whole life and universal life as well as annuities and investment products
• In the United Kingdom, a variety of saving, investment and protection products
• Up to 250 competitive scholarships are awarded each year to eligible Foresters members or their dependent children in the US and Canada – a maximum of five may be chosen as Ken Peterson award winners for demonstrating exceptional leadership, extraordinary effort and significant ability to overcome adversity.
• Foresters invests in communities across North America and the UK through partnerships with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®, KaBOOM!, Ronald McDonald House Charities®, Association of Children’s Hospices and CLIC Sargent , as well as hundreds of local and regional not-for-profit organizations focused on strengthening families.
• Through their local Branch, Foresters members apply for funding for their own community projects and also participate in Foresters organized activities such as playground builds.
• Foresters offers its members and its distribution partners opportunities to get involved in their communities through Foresters community initiative grants and funded community volunteer activities.